The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has directed the employers that ECR (Electronic Challan cum Return) is allowed only for those EPFO members whose account is Aadhaar seeded. The labour ministry amended this in Section 142 of the Code of Social Security 2020 to implement the new rule.
The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) subscribers have time till August 31 to link their Aadhaar card with the Provident Fund (PF) accounts. This means, if an EPF account is not linked to the account holder’s Aadhaar number, then the employers’ contribution won’t get credited to such an EPF account. The EPFO also made it clear that the employer’s EPF contribution won’t be credited to those EPF accounts whose UAN isn’t Aadhaar verified.
As an employer, if you have not yet seeded Aadhaar with UAN, your employees can also initiate the method to link them. You may go online to the EPFO employer portal to check the status and upload KYC documents. But, importantly, keep tracking and follow up with the employer if the seeding remains incomplete even after a few days of uploading the documents. Your employer won’t be ready to communicate and intimate your wages, PF details with EPFO if they continue to be unseeded till September 1, 2021.
You can do it online by following the below procedure
Here is a step by step guide:
- Login with UAN number and password at the direct EPFO link —https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Enter your UAN and Aadhaar-registered mobile number;
- Click at ‘Generate OTP’ option;
- Fill OTP and select gender;
- Enter Aadhaar number and select ‘Aadhaar Verification’ method;
- Select ‘Use Mobile or E-mail based verification’ option;
- Another OTP will come to your mobile number;
- Enter the second OTP;
- Complete your EPF, UAN Aadhaar seeding process
Resource: Live Mint, 28 August 2021