Once an individual starts his career by taking up employment in any of the PF registered organizations, an employee would be registered for PF purposes and both employee and employer contributions to the employee’s PF funds. It’s common to switch jobs for various reasons with or without break. In such scenarios, what happens to the PF account of the employee created with the previous employer? The employee will have two options in such cases.
- Employee’s contribution with interest can be withdrawn if the employee continues to be on break for up to 60 days; or
- Transfer the balance to the current employer
Keep the below documents handy before applying for an online pf transfer:-
- The member should have activated his UAN in the UAN portal and the mobile number used for activation should also be active
- Bank account and bank IFSC code of employee should be seeded against the UAN Seeding Aadhar number and PAN
- The employer should have approved the e-KYC
- PF account number of both previous and current employment of an employee should be entered in the EPFO database
- Previous organization Date of Exit should be updated
The procedure for Transfering the PF balance to the current employer is as follows:
Step 1: Enter Your UAN, Password, Captcha & sign in – https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Step 2: After login click on Service History
Step 3:Check if the Previous employer DOE updated, if not you can update the same:
Step 4: Click on ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’ under Online Services:
Step 5: Verify personal information and PF account for present employment. PF account details of previous employment would appear on clicking on ‘Get details’ below. You have the option of choosing either your previous employer or current employer for attesting the claim form
Step 6: Click on ‘Get OTP’ to receive OTP to UAN registered mobile number and enter the OTP and click on Submit and your PF transfer request process is done.
Once the procedure is done employer will digitally approve the EPF transfer request from their respective login portal. Form 13 has to be filled with the details including PF numbers from both previous and current employers. Submit the signed copy of the online PF transfer claim form to the current employer within a period of 10 days.